Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Monday, March 14, 2005

Blog Blog Blog

or is it Blah Blah Blah?


A week later and I still don't get blogs. I told some friends I'd started blogging & they immediately shot me links to their blogs. I am apparently behind the curve.

But, honestly, what IS the point? Obviously a number of people have blogs that serve as personal/family newsletters, and are really only of interest to the people involved or related. Why is it public? I know I had the option when creating my blog to make it members only. Since (laugh long and hard here, it's ok, I do) this is supposed to be a bit of BSP I didn't go that route.

My favorite example is a blog I stumbled across a while back. I can't tell you whose it was, or when, I think I followed a link from a link from a link... you know how it is. This woman was publicly declaiming how hard the struggle is to gain permanent custody of her grand-nephew who was born out of state to her niece who was then incarcerated and gave temp custody of the boy to a couple she'd met before getting into trouble. It goes on to mention that the blogger and her family already have permanent custody of this niece's first child.

Now, I ask you, am I the ONLY person who wants to know WTH is really going on here? If you're gonna put that much info on the web, spell it out for those of us who can't read between the lines. I almost wish I could find that blog again to see if they've answered any of these questions... Almost.

Instead, I think I'll take my memory of the vague outline of the story and file it away somewhere for future use in fiction. This is definitely a Lifetime Network movie waiting to happen. Who knows, maybe I'll be the one to write the script.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home