Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Validation of Publication

There are a lot of writers in the world. Some of them are even published.

Do you have to be published to be a writer? Well, if you ask on any of the numerous writing listservs I belong to, the answer is a resounding "No!" Whether this is true, or just something that is passed around writing groups like a snuggly security blanket is anyone's guess.

I can tell you most of the time I don't feel like a writer. I'm a pretty damn good editor, but don't write as much original material as I think a 'writer' should. So, most days I'm not a writer.

Today is not most days. This is just a flash piece I wrote during a writing practice group last Spring, but several revisions and a couple submissions (and rejections) later, it found a home. The Spring 2005 edition of e-clips went online today, with my flash story "A Few Many Tattoos". Take a look, if you get a minute.

eclips Spring 2005

Today I AM a writer :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home