Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Thursday, November 03, 2005

In Trouble Already

Two days into NaNo and already I'm in trouble.

My protagonist has gotten more interesting, 20+ years younger, and is becoming a problem. Her backstory has me hooked, but its not enough to stand alone. I mean, for me it is, cuz she's mine and I love her, but as a story, no, it's just not that cool. I was trying to figure out who she is, and started writing it out, and now all I want to do is explore her background. Then there's the other problem. She's more of an anti-hero than a true protag (the "real" protag is dull as dishwater thus far) but I'm getting attached to her and don't want to write the psychotic break, the one that leads to the real story I started out intending to write.

I can't seem to get to the story I thought I was going to write. It was a germ of a weird idea I had almost two years ago and now I'm questioning my original direction. I still think its a good little germ, like wheat germ, not like the stuff you use anti-bac soap to get rid of, but I'm not sure I can write it. Truthfully I've NEVER been sure I could write it, I was just being prodded by my fellows at SMFS. It started out as an idea for suspense, but I've lost interest in that. I'm thinking I may switch to erotica, keep the character I love and ditch the rest of the original premise. Already.

See what I mean about being in trouble?

NaNoWriMo 2005: 2089/50000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home