Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Waay Down... and Up

Number of words written on day 4: 389
Number of hours spent on background research: 5.7
Number of times I made myself stop reading research material to write: 0

Which probably explains my lack of progress. I've read about this problem on the forums, starting in one direction, moving in another, unexpected direction, then getting so caught up in the research of the new direction you neglect to write.

I'm trying to break the cycle; I made myself do a page this morning before I booted up the computer. Of course, when I write longhand I use a steno pad and have big handwriting, so a page is only about 120 words or so. Not that I've sat and obsessively counted words on those little lined pages or anything. Nope, not me.

So, off to the library for a quick visit to the research librarian, then a friend's son's birthday party, then home to scribble the night away. I have a feeling I'm not gonna get ANY of the chores done, y'know, the big stuff I sent the dh and kid away so I could get done... But, I can live with that.


NaNoWriMo 2005: 3408/50000

PS - Even if you're not interested in World War II, which I wasn't til about two days ago, you should read The Greatest Generation and/or The Greatest Generation Speaks. Tom Brokaw is not normally my cup of tea but this is good stuff--the last of the primary sources for what WWII was REALLY like, not the whitewashed historical version, are dying, we should listen to what they have to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home