Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'm Lovin' It

It's 130 in the morning.

I'm trying to pick up a new ghosting gig and promised I'd have my finished piece to them by Friday. In my mind that means mid-day Friday, not the 11:59pm I occasionally get away with in the virtual world.


I'm tired. My preschooler will be up in 6 1/2 hours. I just started the coffee brewing.


And I'm jazzed.

I don't particularly want to write this article; its subject matter is something in which I have no interest and for which I have no need, but I will. And it'll be good--or at least as good as I can make it.


Why?


Because even though it means I have to do things I don't want to do for far less money than McDonald's pays, I love it.

I love words. I love playing with them. I love the build-up before I sit down to write, the time, sometimes hours, sometimes days, where I roll all the things I want to say around in my head to put together a cohesive whole. I love the feeling when I ~know~ I've got it right. If you've ever felt it you know it; if you haven't I can't explain it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home