Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Resignation

Anyone who writes does it because they love the written word, they love language and it's permutations, they have a vision or an idea to communicate. They do NOT write for the money (there's a reason writers are usually lumped into the "starving artist" category!).

I resigned from my paid blogging gig today.

My regular business is building up, slowly, but it is building, and what I was doing for them paid... Well, let's just say it was about a tenth my hourly rate. Each blog entry was taking 1-3 hours to be researched, written, proofed, edited, and to find links and royalty-free photos to go with. It was not sensible for me, as a business woman, to continue. The effort to reward inbalance was just too great.

So, I'm footloose, fancy-free, and available. Need a writer?