Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Word Love - Perseverate

Had breakfast with my parents yesterday and my father used a word my mother and I agreed could not ~possibly~ be a real word.

P E R S E V E R A T I N G

Does that look like a real word to you? Honestly? Me either.

Turns out it is (who knew) but at least I can tell my father it doesn't mean what he thought it meant.

He used the word in a way that implied he thought it meant a mounting level of hopeless frustration--I think, the word caught my imagination, the usage did not, other than I am ~quite~ sure he didn't use it any way that implied the word's actual meaning.

I'm not sure how to rephrase the definition of this word without losing clarity, so I'm just going to link to the word of the moment today.

perseverating at freedictionary.com

Webster on perseverating

Ya'll enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home