Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Return from the Abyss

Two days after my last post my computer mysteriously failed :-(

It stayed down until Friday of last week. Yep, TWELVE DAYS spent accessing the web from the library or a friend's house.

Technically I imagine it's still down. I don't care, I got a shiny NEW puter that weights half what the old one did (I use a notebook). Didn't really need the expense, who does? But now I'm operational once more. Except my printer has to be re-loaded every time I un-dock, but I can live with that--for now.

Number of projects delayed: 3
Number of deadlines missed: 1
Number of jobs I ate the fee on to make up for the missed deadline: 1
Number of days spent trying to convince tech support I was not a moron: 9

An unsatisfctory couple weeks and now I'm working all kinds of craziness to try to get those three projects caught up, and I have to beg the person I missed a deadline on to throw me some more stuff now that I'm back online :-S Ain't technology grand?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home