Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Grrr...

Apparently domain backordering is NOT enough. At least not when it isn't private. I paid GoDaddy happily to monitor inkthink.com this year, since it's current registration, unused for YEARS was set to expire 9/30/06. I did not make the info private.

The registrar, as far as I can tell, renewed it for another year ON THEIR OWN BEHALF. Most likely cuz they could see it was backordered. I checked with the current registrar. THEIR minimum bid to win a domain is $60! GD would let me do it for under $10 a year!

I would like to be "inkthink.com" it'd be a lot simpler, but I'll be dammed if I'll pay extra for it just because someone found out it was worth something to me. They can go blow - I'll stick with inkthinkva.com... or may switch to some other variant, but Network Solutions LLC can blow it out their... well... I am digressing in an unprofessional manner and will stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home