Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Thursday, October 19, 2006

So Easy to Please

Yep, that's me.

A nice young man named Jeff called me from GoDaddy to talk about my hosting and email, since I've been with them for almost two years and went month-to-month over the summer pending the purchase of my new domain.

I didn't buy any of what he was selling, but he was so helpful (and called me on their nickel, which I appreciated since their one downside for me as a very small business is lack of an 800# for support) I kept his email addy handy for when I am ready to go back to buying hosting in bulk.

He walked me through setting up my domain email in my mail client (Thunderbird) and explained the nitty-gritty details of my domain backorder to me--Good news on that front; it looks like it was just an auto-renew and the current registrars have already moved it to a "PENDINGRENEWALDELETION" server, so "InkThink.com" may yet be mine in the next few weeks!

Woohoo!

I've heard comments both ways on GD over the last couple years, and I have to say I, personally, have been ~thrilled~ with the service(s) I've gotten from them, both the ones I've bought and the customer services. I've had no downtime on my site or my email since I signed up in Jan 05 and the site hosting is simple enough I can work on my own site and have changes live in seconds.

I didn't mean this to turn into a GoDaddy commercial, but, well, they take care of me, the least I can do is say something nice about them in return every now and then, y'know. I hope my clients would do the same for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home