Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Sunday, November 26, 2006

What if you got hit by a bus?

I am mostly a business writer - promotional materials and web content - but have been obsessing for the past 26 days on a fiction project and have some unfinished articles floating 'round the hard drive as well. The business content is easy since that is almost always done as a work-for-hire and the person or entity who commissioned it owns the copyright.

The fiction and articles, though, those are all mine.

So what happens to the contents of my hard drive and filing cabinets of I get hit by a bus?

Pretty good question, huh?

I wish I could claim credit, but a friend sent me a link to Neil Gaiman's blog which says it pretty eloquently and includes a template will for writers to dispose of their intellectual property rights.

Check it out.

PS - Totally shameless plug - If you've never read Neil Gaiman's fiction you should, you really, really, really should.

I recommend starting with American Gods - it is still my favorite, though Anansi Boys and Neverwhere are tied for a very close second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home