Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Monday, August 13, 2007

Lovin' LibriVox

Did you read Jane Austen in school?

I didn't, not even once. Apparently this is a rare thing. It's made books like "The Jane Austen Book Club" really hard to enjoy because I had no idea what the heck the characters were referring to.

No more!

Thanks to LibriVox I can listen to Jane Austin in my car, for the cost of burning the CD.

LibriVox is a project to record all the public domain books of the world into audio files. The catalog of completed works is extensive and growing all the time. I'm even thinking of volunteering, if I can get a halfway decent mic for my computer.

Volunteering? eh? Yep. All the content at LibriVox is read into audio files by volunteers! I think it's pretty cool, but I'm a self-acknowledged book geek.

Check it out & download a classic today. I'm off to get "Moby Dick", another one that I seem to the be the only person on Earth who did not have to read it in high school.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home