Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

All Over but the Aching

Aching fingers that is...

NaNoWriMo came to an end without my novel coming to an end. I didn't make the 50K goal this year. I'm a bit sad about that, I know it's silly but I wanted another one of those spiffy little winner icons to go with the one from 2006.

I am, however, at peace with it. I have a solid 35K words toward a story I want to tell--last year's NaNo got circular filed when I looked it over after November was over--and I did it the way I wanted to. Had I made a mad dash for the finish line in the last 4 days of November I probably could have made it, but it would not have been the story I wanted to tell.

In all honesty, this on-site thing, combined with the holidays, is kicking my behind. I'm getting it all done, but I only spent two days writing after I started going OUT to work on the 19th. I am tired and moving slow, but I am at peace with where I left my novel. And, when the holidays are over, I'll pick it back up and finish it properly.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home