Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Modern Arght

I'm not really a huge fan of modern art, preferring Impressionism to Surrealism, and Caravaggio to Klimt. Yes, I know those aren't overly modern examples, but most truly modern art, pretty much anything 20th century, leaves me scratching my head and wondering whether or not my 6yo had at it while I wasn't looking.

This, though. THIS, I love. The sculpture is by Olafur Eliasson and installed at KPMG headquarters in Munich, Germany.

The first link is to the sculptor's portfolio with its little tiny pictures. The second is to a blog with much better pictures.

I think I love this sculpture mostly for the ironic conjunction of title and form. It's called "Rewriting" and seems to personify how rewriting feels. Now that I've blathered, go look at the pictures :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home