Ink Thinkin

Random thoughts from Dy Larson of Ink Think, freelance editor and copywriter

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Disclosure


I was going to try to hide it, but the effort is making me tired, already, and its only been 4 days.

I am ~not~ a full-time VA.

There, I said it. I've only been a full-timer a few times over the years, since work seems to come in waves. Very dilettante of me, but dh had a good job with a mega corp that supported my scribbling.

Note the HAD.

Yea. We both started job-hunting a week after has became had, and I won the who-gets-a-job-first lotto. As of last Monday, the 25th, I am a writer-mom with a full-time outside job (what my 7yo calls it). Sadly, not a writing gig, but we do what we gotta do. That 7yo likes to eat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not throwing in the towel.

I'm still writing, just not as much, and I am a lot less available than I was--think 24-48hr turnaround on email--definitely the best way to find me these days! I'm finishing up projects I started before the pink slip came down the pike, but not, honestly, currently looking for more freelance work.

Once I get all the way back into the 9-hours a day in makeup groove I'll start cranking up again. Right now? Well, I haven't done the corporate machine thing since my daughter was 2 and I am, frankly, just plain t-i-r-e-d.

Trying not to say anything about it was even more tiring. 'Sides, if you are one of those who follows me on Twitter, well, I haven't exactly kept it a secret.

Fortunately I know a totally awesome VA/friend just getting started that I ~know~ has my back if something comes along I can't resist and I can't do it all myself. I'm betting she will be wildly successful, much more so than my dilettante self, in under a year. Soon as her website is up I'll come back and add a link.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home